Thursday, May 15, 2014

We Want Watermelon!!!

I love watermelon. LOVE it. Could eat it all day. In fact, when I was pregnant with my first child I went through a watermelon a day. By myself. It was grand :D Yummmmm :D

So I love to find fun things to do with watermelon. I found a watermelon cake on Pinterest once that looked so beautiful I just had to try it.

You cut the rind off until you had a cake-shaped hunk of watermelon, ice it with whipped cream, and decorate the top with kiwi, strawberries, and blueberries. The picture was gorgeous. Mine...not so much lol Could NOT get the whipped cream to stay on the watermelon. At least it tasted incredible. I did not, however, take a picture because...well, it just wasn't as pretty as I'd hoped ;)

Not Quite Nigella seems to have done a great job though - check out her blog for instructions!

I did come across this little beauty on Pinterest - it's gorgeous even without the cream! And it's a great alternative for anyone who can't have regular cake (or would prefer not to).


Have you done anything fun with watermelon? 





No comments:

Post a Comment