Tuesday, February 18, 2014

We All Scream For Ice Cream...Bread!

Yep, I said ice cream bread. It's ridiculously easy ya'all and it's yummy! I found the recipe on The Hungry Housewife (through Pinterest, of course) and my kids went crazy over it :)



This is what you need:

2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavor, softened
1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour (If you don't have self-rising (I never do) just add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt for every cup of flour (sift together).

Annnd, yep, that's IT! :)

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray and flour a loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.

Mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined. Smooth it into the loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs).

Then enjoy!!

We used Neapolitan ice cream - next time I'd probably use something with a stronger flavor. The bread was a bit bland, but still a nice yummy treat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment