Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lasagna Cups and Cucumber Salad

Lasagna Cups

These are super easy to make and are so fun :) You basically take regular lasagna fixings but instead of using noodles, you are going to use wonton wrappers.

Just take regular lasagna filling -
Meat sauce (I go as easy as possible - browned hamburger, spaghetti sauce and seasonings to taste)
Cheese - I used ricotta and mixed it with shredded mozerella, can also use cottage cheese
  1. Take the wonton wrappers and layer one in the bottom of the muffin tin (I wanted more coverage so I used two and placed them kitty corner to each other so each of the four corners was pointing up)
  2. Add your meat sauce and cheese filling
  3. Another wonton wrapper (I just used one here, sort of lay it over the top and tuck it in)
  4. More meat sauce/cheese, etc until you reach the top (I think I got 3 layers in). 
  5. Then a bit of meat sauce and shredded cheese on top. 
  6. Bake on 375 for 20 mins. 
They are easy to eat by hand if you let them cool a little And I didn't have any problems with them sticking to the pan even without any kind of spray.





For the cucumber salad pictured above:

This is one of my husband's favorites (he's the one who makes it) :D It's super simple and sooo yummy.

You'll need:
2 med cucumbers
2 large seeded roma tomatoes
1 med red onion
1/2 green bell pepper

The dressing:
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp dill
1 TBSP parsley
4 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP white vinegar
1 tsp season salt

Chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces and toss in a bowl with the dressing. It's amazing over salad or just eaten on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment