Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fruit Smoothies

I am a huge fruit nut so smoothies are right up my alley. As usual, I go as simple as possible :)

You'll need:



Frozen fruit (whatever you'd like - I usually use the tropical mix or strawberries and blueberries from Sam's Club)
Milk (can also use yogurt or water for a thinner consistency - I like to make mine thick like milk shakes)
Honey or Agave nectar
vanilla

I tend to eyeball stuff like this rather than measure so the measurements are a guesstimate...

I take about 2 cups of frozen fruit
1/2 to 1 cup of milk (depending on desired thickness)
1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar (or two rotations around the blender as I do it - do this to taste, depends on how sweet you want it) ;-)
a splash of vanilla

Blend up and enjoy!



To make it a little extra special, add a dollop of whipped cream to the top :)


No comments:

Post a Comment